- Remake the 1960’s era dorm into an in-demand residence for New Millennials.
- Avail the modernized spaces to as many students as possible with conservative bed count reduction.
- Maximize utility of renovated space by integrating classrooms, kitchens, laundry, social and study areas within the residence.
- Implement geothermal heating, rainwater collection, low flow fixtures, high efficiency appliances, among other elements to be environmentally responsible.
- Project achieved USGBC LEED Gold Certification
- Buffalo Business First 2013 Brick by Brick Finalist – Best Green Construction category
- Building Area: 52,000 SF
- Number of Beds: 175
- Cost of Construction: $11,500,000
- Cost/SF: $221
- Cost/Bed: $65,714
- Construction Completed: 2012
”Everything about it says, ‘Welcome, enjoy your stay here at Monroe Hall.Julie EckertSUNY Geneseo Student