With the demand for housing high, Buffalo State looked to Bishop Hall in order to address the lack of student housing on campus. Bishop was originally constructed in 1958 as a double-loaded corridor residence hall, but was repurposed as classrooms and offices during the 1970’s. This new renovation provides a modernized residence hall for the students of Buffalo State’s Honors Program.
The design required a floor plan to accommodate 204 beds, amenity spaces throughout the building such as a multi-purpose room, state-of-the-art classroom, lounge and game room, quiet study lounges on each floor and a main building kitchen. The bathrooms have been updated to a more modern single user style and finishes have all been updated. An addition provides a new identity for Bishop Hall and enhances the connection between Bishop and the Porter Quad. The renovation includes all new mechanical, electrical and plumbing as well as safety improvements.